What it does:
Document Scan Server (DSS) enables
organizations to improve business performance by scanning documents
at the point of entry into a workflow. DSS is an integrated
software/hardware solution that provides flexible tools to
scan-enable third-party applications, secure scanner connectivity
options, and centralized management capabilities to reduce the cost
and complexity of capture deployments.
Organizations need Document
Scan Server if they:
- Are unwilling to disrupt their existing IT infrastructure, or
have security policies that are in conflict with traditional
PC-based scan stations.
- Require centralized management capabilities to set up and
maintain scanners in remote locations.
- Are searching for a simplified, cost-effective means to add
scanning capability at any location where paper and electronic
documents enter the organization.
With Document Scan Server you
- Add scanning capability to virtually any software
application. No need for users to quit an application or
move to another computer in order to scan.
- Minimize disruption to existing business processes or
- Eliminate the need to install SCSI boards, scanner drivers or
scanner applications on client PCs.
- Adhere to corporate IT standards for desktop PC security and
- Manage scanning infrastructure from a single, central
- Have branch office workers install the Document Scan Server
network appliance in minutes.
- Web Services Software Development Kit (SOA compliant) to add
scanning capability to new or existing software applications.
- Single administrator can use Management Console to configure,
monitor and update scanners throughout enterprise.
- True thin client scanning.
- Scan from practically any platform including Windows, Mac, and
Linux, thin client terminals and Citrix environments.
- Seamless integration to Ascent
Capture through Ascent